Mac and iphone not syncing with 1password account

Options
TimGleason
TimGleason
Community Member

I have 1password mini app installed on a MAC running Mojave 10.14.4 and on a new iphone XS Max running iOS 12.3.1. I have all vaults on both in the flagged account but neither one is syncing. When I go into the 1passsword website only a few logins appear and neither the mac or the phone appear to be connected. Assuming that I don't have proper settings but can't figure out what is wrong.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Mac and iphone not syncing with 1password account

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TimGleason

Do you have a vault called "Primary" on either or both devices? How about one called "Personal?"

Thanks.

Ben

• TimGleason
    TimGleason
    Community Member
    Options

On the Mac I have Primary and then under my account there are private and shared vaults. On the iphone there is no primary vault, just private and shared.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for confirming @TimGleason. Any items that are in Primary on the Mac that are not already in Private should be moved into Private and then Primary should be deleted. To move the items:

Move and copy items | 1Password

To delete Primary: from the menu bar, choose Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary. Choose Vault > Delete Vault. Then everything should be in sync.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.