Feature Request: Dismiss Duplicate Password Warning

Options
farragutlane
farragutlane
Community Member

I use 1Password for both work and home. At work we have several tools with different URL's that all leverage the same network password. That means that multiple items have that huge red, "Duplicate password" warning. I'd love to be able to dismiss that warning on an individual basis so that I would still receive the warning for other accounts.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:feature request

Comments

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member
    Options

Hopefully someone will chip in, but there may be a tag you can use, If you get the warning regarding 2FA not being used, but it either is or you're happy not too, you can add '2FA' as a tag and it removes the warning.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @farragutlane! At the moment, there's no way for users to dismiss the Reused Password warning via any sort of checkbox or tag. We are working on something server-based which would allow for user-specific preferences that would work cross-platform, but I've nothing to announce on that score just yet.

In the meantime, you can add multiple URLs to the same Login item in 1Password -- this isn't a perfect solution, but if you choose the most-used item as the "main" one (i.e. - the item which is in the default slot at the top of the Login item), you can then add as many additional URLs as you like to that Login item. Then, when you visit any of those URLs in the future, you'll be able to sign in using those credentials (and not be bothered by the warning). Hope this helps! :)

• farragutlane
    farragutlane
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the responses. @Lars, I didn't realize you could add multiple URL's to an entry, I'll give that a shot! : )

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@farragutlane - you're quite welcome! And keep an eye on release notes for progress on what I mentioned regarding the Reused Password warning. :)

• ericsh
    ericsh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, just another user asking for this feature. The other annoying thing is that the duplicate password warning overrides the password quality indicator. I'm running 1Password 7.3.2.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ericsh - thanks for adding your voice to this one, and keep an eye on updates and their associated release notes for news regarding it. :)

This discussion has been closed.