How I can autofill username field that is html type property set as password?

Options

Hi.

Is it possible to autofill sites that has both username and password configured as type="password"? My bank has decided to make the login form so that both items are hidden as you type them for increased security for eavesdropping. This however makes 1Password unable to fill the correct values to the forms.
The fields are defined like this:

Is there some way around this? When I try to autofill 1Password doesnt even fill the password field correctly, but for some reason puts the username in the password field and leaves the username field empty.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 ver 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vifi,

If this is happening for a Login item saved within the browser then we'll need the URL for the page and we'll have to take a look. To see if this is the case can you try creating an entirely new Login item for me please using the steps outlined on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser and test filling with this new item. If that doesn't do better we'll happily take a look at the page. Username fields with type password are not common but 1Password should still be able to fill, it's just 1Password won't consider filling unless it has a previous understanding that it might be the case, something it can determine if saved from inside the browser.

• vifi
    vifi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, this worked perfectly, thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you are welcome @vifi!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.