Fill and Login not working for me in any Mac browser.

Options

I have just upgraded from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7 after upgrading to Mac 10.15 Beta / Safari 13. The Fill and Login shortcut brings up the Mini window but will not fill any login information. My apps are all in the Applications folder. The correct options are enabled in both 1Password preferences and in the Safari preferences extension tab. I am on the 30-day trial, and do not see any "read only" notifications or any prompts to purchase a membership/license. The app was downloaded from the agile bits web site, and both Safari and Chrome are updated to their latest versions. Let me know what I am missing!! Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.1 (70301008)
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:fill not working

Comments

• countngpoe
    countngpoe
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @countngpoe! Welcome to the forum :)

Great, thank you for the update. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• makaufm
    makaufm
    Community Member
    Options

This is not working for me. Clicking on the login option in 1password does nothing. It also doesn't seem to recognize when I'm registering so doesn't ask to create a login. For instance, when I just signed up for this forum, Chrome asked and remembered but 1 password did nothing not even when I clicked on it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019
    Options

@makaufm: If you have the browser's password management enabled, that can conflict with 1Password's saving and filling. It's best to disable it, both for that and for privacy/security.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific sites? Knowing the URLs would be helpful. Often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work though. Thanks in advance! :)

• makaufm
    makaufm
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think it's a conflict. I've been using 1 password for years and know how it's supposed to work. It doesn't work on any sites that it used to work fine with. I click on the extension, click on the result that appears or hit enter, nothing happens at all.

Mac OS, Chrome,

just upgraded to 1Password 7
    Version 7.3.1 (70301007)
    Mac App Store, Extension 4.7.5.90. That is when everything stopped working.

There were confusing instructions about converting vaults maybe. I did something, then was supposed to do something else on the mobile app. Couldn't figure that out at all since I closed that popup quickly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019
    Options

@makaufm: Which version of Chrome do you have? Have you completed any updates and restarted it? And, perhaps more significantly based on your description, do you have a license for 1Password 7, or is it in read-only mode? Or do you have a 1Password membership?

• makaufm
    makaufm
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty - I bought the 1 password app years ago. Does that mean I don't have access to 1password 7? Can I then delete it and revert to the previous version?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@makaufm: 1Password 7 can be used if you purchase a license for it, or as part of a 1Password membership. You can find more details here:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

You could instead using the specific version you paid for, but not staying up to date is not recommended since then you're missing out on compatibility with the latest browser and OS releases, which have important security fixes -- and of course new stuff we've added in later versions of 1Password; old versions of 1Password are no longer being developed.

This discussion has been closed.