Slow 1Password mini performance on Catalina

I know Catalina is still in beta so this may improve over time, but I just wanted to report slow 1Password mini performance particularly when 1Password is locked. The mini window will take 4-5 seconds to appear. Once I enter my password, it's generally quicker to pull up when filling websites.

1Password Version: 7.3.2.BETA-0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15 19A471t
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @mbesemann!

Thank you for reporting this. Has this started happening with a specific version of 1Password for Mac, or did you start noticing this as soon as you installed the beta of Catalina?

• I’m pretty sure it’s been since I installed Catalina. Unfortunately I’m not running the latest beta either (it won’t show me the update, go figure :P) so it’s possible performance has gotten better in the latest beta.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@mbesemann: Can you please give the latest 1Password Beta a go and see if that helps? Here are the instructions to switch to the Beta channel ;)

• @ag_ana - I'm actually already using the beta (7.3.2.BETA-0). Unfortunately I'm not running beta 3 of Catalina (the update won't show up), so I'm not sure if performance is better in the latest version.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@mbesemann: Ah, interesting. While I'd doubt that performance would necessarily be linked to that, it may point to a deeper issue as well. Honestly, if it were me, I'd just do a clean install of the latest release if it wasn't even allowing me to update to it. I'm not convinced that will make a difference specifically for 1Password, it may be prudent.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file