Trouble filling in browser

mattsb99
mattsb99
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

Why oh why did I ever install this beta. Because it looked like a New Version was available. I missed the Beta part. 1P6 worked great. This one doesn't. It changes the file structure so now my iOS devices can't read or sync to my Dropbox file. My laptop hasn't had the beta installed but it can't sync to the new file either.
Gripes with this version. There is no auto-fill. I have to copy and paste the username and password. There is no click and watch the browser open a new tab, go to the site and then fill in the username and password. It has my passwords, but it has added a lot more work to what was an elegant solution.
And these two major gripes are just from using it for a few minutes. I hate this version and would never use it as it is.
How do I go back to 1Password 6?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 is a step backwards

Comments

• mattsb99
    mattsb99
    Community Member

This should be in the Mac OS beta forum.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

@mattsb99: I've moved your post to the Mac category of the forum, as I'm not quite sure what this has to do with the Mac beta (we haven't made any changes in the areas you're talking about in 1Password).

First, our software makes no "changes [to] the file structure" of Dropbox. Are you maybe just using an old vault on another device, and simply need to point it to the current one?

Also, it sounds like you're having some trouble setting up 1Password in your browser as well. If you'll let me know the browser and extension versions (which you omitted from your post) you're using as well I'm sure I can help with that. I think maybe you just haven't got it installed yet. Let me know what you find.

• mattsb99
    mattsb99
    Community Member

You were correct about an old vault. I have stayed current with upgrades but I guess somewhere along the way I may have chosen a wrong answer. All my devices are now pointed to the correct vault and seem to be operating correctly.

I would love to fix the browser extension. I am using 1P7 on my iMac (which I assume is still in beta). I am using Safari 99% of the time. I don't know how to determine which browser extension version I am using though. Here is the 1P7 version: 1Password 7
    Version 7.3.1 (70301008)
    1Password Store

Thanks!

• 1Password 7 has been out as a stable (non-beta) release since May of 2018. :) To further troubleshoot the issue you're having with the extension in Safari I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/517445/#Comment_517445
    • Your forum username: mattsb99

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.