AutoFill and Master Password

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I just started using auto refill after focusing on how it all works. It is convenient!
If 1Password is locked before hand and then I do an auto refill then I am of coarse asked for the master Password in order to find the autofill.
My question is why does that not open 1Password app after I enter the master password?
I guess I could unlock 1password before I do an auto refill, but that changes the order of which I can do first before the other.
The reason is because if after doing an auto refill and one decides right afterwards to open 1Password I am asked for the master Password again.
It is like twice the work!
Let me see if I can answer the question myself.
If 1Password is locked and you need to do an auto refill you think I want to keep 1Password locked and the auto refill is all I need to do.
I got 1Password to ask for face i.d. every two min. of inactivity and additionally to ask for master password after one hour of inactivity so it not like one is not controlling the situation.
So how about a choice to make a locked 1Password to open after a auto refill?
It is treated like an extension.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If 1Password is locked before hand and then I do an auto refill then I am of coarse asked for the master Password in order to find the autofill. My question is why does that not open 1Password app after I enter the master password?

It's a good question. iOS Password Autofill cannot control the main 1Password app. But if you unlock the main 1Password app using your Master Password, that can enable Quick Unlock (biometrics, PIN) for itself and Autofill.

I guess I could unlock 1password before I do an auto refill, but that changes the order of which I can do first before the other. The reason is because if after doing an auto refill and one decides right afterwards to open 1Password I am asked for the master Password again. It is like twice the work! [...] So how about a choice to make a locked 1Password to open after a auto refill? It is treated like an extension.

I understand completely. It's not something that's possible at this time though. Maybe someday.

This discussion has been closed.