Stand Alone License

Hi,

I've been using 1Password for Mac with a license for years now and the 1Password7 rollout has kind of thrown things into a tailspin with no warning and very little clear communication, so I'm trying to get my bearings.

Three questions:

1) The price for the license sometimes appears as $49.99 and at others as $64 something. How much does it actually cost?
2) Can I use the license on my desktop and my laptop?
3) I can access and sync 1Password6 from my Android. How will that work with 1Password7?

Thanks!

Max

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @MaxLugosi

I apologize for the tailspin. Are you signed up for our newsletter? We have sent out a couple since the release of 1Password 7. That would be the easiest way to keep up:

News about keeping your passwords secure

The price for the license sometimes appears as $49.99 and at others as $64 something. How much does it actually cost?

We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. Licenses are normally $65 USD + tax, but at the moment they are on sale for $50 USD + tax for a limited time.

2) Can I use the license on my desktop and my laptop?

A 1Password membership would allow you to use the latest versions of 1Password on all of your compatible devices. You can learn more about our membership service here:

About 1Password membership

Licenses on the other hand are sold per-platform, per-person, and per-version. So, if both your laptop and your desktop are Macs and you purchase a 1Password 7 for Mac license then you would be able to use 1Password 7 for Mac on both of those devices (assuming they meet the requirements). If someone else were to want to use 1Password on those devices they would need their own license. 1Password for Windows would be a separate purchase, as would 1Password 8 for Mac (presumably).

3) I can access and sync 1Password6 from my Android. How will that work with 1Password7?

I'd recommend double checking which version of 1Password for Android you have. If you've been updating the app it is likely already on v7. 1Password for Android and 1Password for iOS can be used as companion apps to 1Password for Mac and/or 1Password for Windows at no additional charge. To be used independently of one of our "desktop" apps they would require a membership.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Thanks for your input, Ben.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

You're very welcome. :+1:

Ben

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I am sorry that you're unhappy with the situation, but we're no longer advertising standalone licenses and so the current sale pricing is the best that will be possible on a license. If you'd like to discuss the possibility of upgrading to a membership I'd recommend emailing copies of any receipts you have for 1Password purchases at [email protected] to see what options might be available for your specific situation.

Ben

• I'm having similar problems and am super frustrated. I'm a long time user, and I have always had a license. In the last week, I'm being repeatedly prompted to enter either my secret key (which I know I don't have) - or my membership info. But when I click on the link to find my membership info, I get routed to this page https://support.1password.com/secret-key/ which is obviously not helping. I need to clean up a few things in my 1Pass desktop app but don't seem to be able to do that without getting the prompt. Please help ASAP -- greatly appreciated.

• And also please clarify - is it actually cheaper now to subscribe than get the yearly license if both my husband and I use 1Pass?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Elizabeth Meister

My apologies for the difficulties. It would be helpful if you could please email us a diagnostic report from your Mac so that we can take a look at what is going on 'under the hood.' You shouldn't be seeing prompts for a Secret Key / membership info unless you actually have a membership. Along with the diagnostic report if you could please include any receipts for any 1Password related purchases you've made we can help with moving forward as well.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/105389/
    • Your forum username: Elizabeth Meister

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

To add:

And also please clarify - is it actually cheaper now to subscribe than get the yearly license if both my husband and I use 1Pass?

That is very likely to be the case.

Ben

• edited July 18

@Ben I sent this in, but am not getting a response from your support bot.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@Elizabeth Meister

If the messages were sent to an address other than [email protected] the response from BitBot will be delayed until our team manually sorts your messages. No worries, it should come soon.

Ben

• edited July 18

@Ben Just got it - [#SXQ-88427-323]

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks @Elizabeth Meister. One of us will be in touch shortly by email. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file