1Password Mini improvements

martinvandiemen
martinvandiemen
Community Member

Hi,

Since we've got the new 1Password Mini I'm not able to search in Mini for a website. It's also annoying that 1Password Mini is not able to remember the last selected item. So for example: when I search for an item I copy or autofill the information but if for some reason I need to use it again (password on a different page for example) I have to search for it again.

Please add/fix this.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@martinvandiemen: Thanks for getting in touch! Can you tell me the exact steps you're taking? I'll see if I can reproduce it.

• martinvandiemen
    martinvandiemen
    Community Member

@brenty, I noticed that when you add a second website to a login item 1Password Mini is unable to search for that second website.

There are websites that redirect you after you've filled in the email address. After the redirect (and you have multiple items or none for that website) reopening 1Password Mini does not show the item that I just used. I have to search again for that item.

Does this make it more clear? Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@martinvandiemen - looks like you're correct; I've filed an internal issue for this to allow the mini to search secondary website fields. Thanks for reporting! :)

ref: apple-4003

• martinvandiemen
    martinvandiemen
    Community Member

@Lars, thank you. Did you also noted my second issue? The one that requires me to search again for the login item? Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @martinvandiemen,

So 1Password should be remembering your previous search although there are certain limitations. If you switch tabs or even switch windows 1Password will clear any previous search. I believe there is also a timer which causes search to reset if it has been a while between invocations of 1Password mini. There is one trick to the new interface though. My workflow saw me use the escape key to dismiss 1Password mini but now if there is an ongoing search the first escape keypress clears the search and the second dismisses 1Password mini. If you want 1Password to remember you either need to click anywhere on the browser or use ⌥⌘\ to dismiss 1Password mini - it's the same keyboard shortcut that tells 1Password mini to appear so it's like a toggle now.

If you perform a search and then use ⌥⌘\ to dismiss 1Password mini, give it a couple of seconds and then access 1Password mini once more is the search still there or has it cleared?

• martinvandiemen
    martinvandiemen
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables, thanks for the suggestion but this sounds like a work-around to me. I use the AutoFill button which closes 1Password mini automatically. For example.

When I go to www.gmail.com and open 1Password Mini via ⌘\ I search/select the login item and click the AutoFill button. 1Password Mini closes after clicking and I hit Next on www.gmail.com to go to the password field. I reopen 1Password Mini via ⌘\ within seconds. The item that I just used is no longer selected and I have to search/select it again.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @martinvandiemen,

That is a bug and with the additional description I knew I'd filed an issue for this myself. 1Password did used to remember the previously used item, helpful when on a multi-stage sign-in site and currently it doesn't. This bug is independent of any search and it is one I would love to see corrected so I feel your pain on this.

ref: apple-2577

• martinvandiemen
    martinvandiemen
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables, thanks for letting me know. I'll be on the lookout for an upcoming release which will fix this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

Thanks for bringing it up! :) :+1:

ref: apple-3732

This discussion has been closed.