Font Size of Mini?

traugott
traugott
Community Member

I have two problems. First, the font size of the mini seems to be so big that the Edit button is not visible at all (and I can barely even see the Autofill button, and if I hit the dropdown arrows, I can't even see all the entries). I took a screen shot, but I don't see a way to attach it here. I can't find any way to control it in my browser preferences and 1password.com offered no help. In fact, I can't even give you the optional information below, because in this new 1password X system, I don't even know how to find the version number. The link to instructions ("How to find 1password version") below seem to assume the old standalone version, as there is no program to open and unlock in the subscription version. I am finding this new version very confusing, as the online instructions seem sometimes to refer to the standalone, sometimes to the subscription version. It might be clearer if you separated the two completely (maybe even gave them completely different names) so that it would always be clear which one you were referring to.

Also, I don't see a button to access the password generator. Am I missing something (or could this also be because it is not visible due to the excessive font size of the mini?)

Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: dropbox? at least it used to be
Referrer: forum-search:1password x mini font size

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @traugott!

From what you wrote, I think you are using the 1Password X browser extension rather than 1Password mini, but the screenshots will help. You can attach them by clicking on this icon:

• traugott
    traugott
    Community Member

Yes, I am sure you are right, ag_ana, that I am using the browser extension. Thanks for your help on how to attach a screen shot, which I will now do. Any hints as to how to resize the extension window (sorry, but I don't have the proper vocabulary for this) would be appreciated. Because the font is so large, I can't access some of the most important features. For example, I can reveal a password or edit or delete a login. And I can't locate the password generator (assuming that it is even on the extension window.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

@traugott: Oh. That's not 1Password mini, which is part of the desktop apps; that's 1Password X...and you seem to have cranked up your browser's display zoom. You should be able to reset it using ⌘ 0.

Regarding the Password generator, it's right at the top when you click the "+":

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• traugott
    traugott
    Community Member

Yes, the page zoom was set to 150% (to help my aging eyes see other browser pages), which meant that crucial elements like the Edit button were crowded off the visible page. It turns out that 125% will still work (on my computer, at least) and that the Large or even Very Large Font Size setting in Chrome preferences makes text bigger without creating the crowding problem. The fact that I could not see the Edit button also meant that I could not delete entries (since it seems that the Move to Trash option only appears when you go into Edit mode.) I think that everything is back to normal, thanks to your help.

• Thanks for the update @traugott. Sometimes inheriting settings from the browser is a blessing and sometimes it is a curse. ;) Glad to hear that ultimately it worked out. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.