Using iOS 9.3.5 on an iPad2 with 1Password v6.4.2 - getting No response code from server

Options
mtalvensaari
mtalvensaari
Community Member

Hi I'm using iOS 9.3.5 on an iPad2 with 1Password v6.4.2 and trying to use the QR Code (from my Mac) to sync with my 1Password.com vault and I get "No response code from server" when I try to sign-in on the iPad. I'm on the latest version of iOS for my device and I think I'm on the latest version of 1Password for iOS 9.3.5 (but not sure). Is there a solution to this? I'm not getting good answers when I search the forums.

I was using dropbox syncing, but I know that won't work anymore on this old iPad, so have moved my Vaults to 1Password.com and got all of our other devices working fine, except for this old iPad that I still use regularly.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:1password iOS 9.3.5

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mtalvensaari: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Dropbox changed their APIs almost exactly two years ago, and we released 1Password for iOS to version 6.7 prior to that to support their new APIs. Older versions cannot connect to Dropbox. You'd need to update.

While I can't really recommend using an outdated OS and browser for security reasons, if you are determined to continue to use it being aware of the risks, you should be able to use a 1Password membership account there, but again you'd need to be running a more recent version of 1Password than that. it won't work indefinitely as everything moves forward, but at this time I believe the only thing that would prevent you from signing into a 1Password membership account there would be if you enabled two-factor authentication for it, as that feature was added after 1Password 6 was discontinued.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mtalvensaari
    mtalvensaari
    Community Member
    Options

How can I get version 6.7 for iOS? I followed the instructions here: https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/02/08/how-to-download-old-versions-of-apps-from-the-app-store-on-an-older-iphone-or-ipad-that-cant-run-ios-11, but when I click on the app icon, the dialog that appears for me just says "1password is not compatible with this iPad", so it looks like you guys have stopped including version 6.7 on the App Store. When I look in the version history on the App Store, it only goes back to v6.8.

I found some other more elaborate instructions which involve me finding an old app-supporting version of iTunes and then creating a new iTunes library, etc. But don't really want to go that route unless you tell me there is no other way. I'm very tech savvy, so not worried about breaking anything, just don't want to waste my time because I'm not entirely convinced it will work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mtalvensaari: You'd need to install the app from your Apple ID purchase history:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

You won't be able to get version 6.7 though. The App Store only allows you to download the most recent compatible version for your device, which in this case would be 6.9.1. We don't control what the App Store is "including". "1Password is not compatible with this iPad" sounds like you're installing a much older version: 1Password 3.

To be clear, you'll have to have 1Password 7 in your purchase history, since that's the current version, and try installing that. When you do, the App Store will say it's not compatible but offer you the most recent compatible version it has: 6.9.1. Let me know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.