why do I still see 'primary vault' on my iPhone and iPad?

bellamia
bellamia
Community Member

I just signed up for the individual membership from my previous stand-alone license that I've had for several years. I set it up on my Mac, let 1password move my previous data into the new vault and then set up the apps on my iPad and iPhone. I don't remember the Mac set up asking me if I wanted to delete my vault and I did not do it manually.

looking at the app on my iPad and iPhone, when I look at 'vaults' I see the new one that 1PW defaults the name 'personal'. I also see 'primary' listed under On iCloud. If I click on this one, there is an option to delete the vault.

I looked back on my Mac and in my 1PW home/profile page and I can only see the Personal vault.

My questions are:
How can I be certain that the old Primary vault is deleted from my Mac?
If I delete the Primary vault from my iPad and then iPhone, do I need to go to iCould and delete it there as well?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bellamia: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You'll have a Primary (local) vault if you setup the app that way, and either haven't set it up with your account yet, or did not remove the old vault after doing so. If you have all of your data in your 1Password membership account (please confirm by signing into https://start.1password.com in your browser), you can safely remove the old vault after signing in on the device, as described at the end of the migration guide:

Set up your other devices

With your data in a 1Password membership account, you won't need to use iCloud to sync your 1Password data anymore going forward. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.