After changing login ID old ID shown

rbruceporter
rbruceporter
Community Member

After I change the login name for an app or web page, usually an email address, the old ID continues to show in prompts even though the new correct ID is used. This is on both of my devices one running iOS 12 the other Beta 13.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rbruceporter: It sounds like iOS Password Autofill is caching some old data. If you go into 1Password Settings > Password Autofill, is it able to update? If so, does that do the trick, or is iOS still hanging onto the old data? Let me know what you find!

• rbruceporter
    rbruceporter
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

That worked perfectly! I did that on both iOS devices and over the last day saw no old ID's. Also since I am in the middle of changing lots of ID's I periodically do this to stay ahead now.

Thank you very much!

• You're very welcome @rbruceporter. Generally it shouldn't be necessary to do that, as 1Password will periodically refresh the cache anyway, but if you find something is outdated in autofill that is a good first troubleshooting step. Glad to hear it helped. :+1:

Ben

• rbruceporter
    rbruceporter
    Community Member

By the way I am the same user that asked to have an account I created in error deleted in order to free up the email address it was using. I saw you fixed it for me but of course could no longer reply via that account.

Thanks very much for your fast response!

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.