To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Hello, I have been locked out of my account since I downloaded 1Password7.

Options
SophieCunningham
SophieCunningham
Community Member

Hello, I have had a Single User License since 2008. I have a key, but don't seem to have a Secret Key, or if I do I can't access it. Since I downloaded 1Password7 I have had problems using my account. Do I need to pay to become a member?

1Password Version: 1Password7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Hello, I have been locked out of my account since I downloaded 1Password7.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SophieCunningham! Welcome to the forum!

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, so in order to use it you will need to either sign up for a 1Password Membership (and this way you will get a Secret Key), or purchase a license for 1Password 7.

If you don't want to upgrade instead, you need to download the correct version of 1Password, the one that matches the license version that you purchased. If you could let us know the exact version that you last purchased, we can give you a download link.

• SophieCunningham
    SophieCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, this is really useful. I think I'll upgrade, assuming I can migrate existing passwords to 1Password 7? I last paid in November 2008 for use on my various Macs, then paid extra at some point to use on my phone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SophieCunningham:

You can certainly migrate existing data to the latest version of 1Password :)

Looking at our releases here, in 2008 we had 1Password version 2. Is it possible that this is the version you purchased? You order confirmation email back then should include the version information as well.

• SophieCunningham
    SophieCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

Weirdly, it doesn't say. I got an email saying it was a gift (from my partner) for a 1Password Single User License. And I have a key and user name.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SophieCunningham:

Understood. Let's try finding this out from the app itself then. If you open the old 1Password app on your device and click on 1Password in the menu bar > About, can you see the exact version from there?

The migration process might be a bit different based on the old 1Password version, so I am trying to understand which one it is exactly so we can give you the proper instructions to upgrade :)

• SophieCunningham
    SophieCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

I am struggling to open the old version as it keeps asking for my key to the new version. Should I uninstall 1Password 7 while I sort this out (and that will enable me to answer your questions).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SophieCunningham:

I don't think that removing 1Password 7 is going to help with this specific issue, so I think you can leave that app there for now. Can you please send us a diagnostic report from your Mac though, so we can check this for you? You can send it to support+forum@agilebits.com once you have created it.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• SophieCunningham
    SophieCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

Done.

• SophieCunningham
    SophieCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

[#VNM-22682-217]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you shortly. :)

ref: VNM-22682-217

• SophieCunningham
    SophieCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

Hi -- it's been a couple of days now. As I haven't heard from you I think I'll just go ahead and set up another account and hope for the best. Sophie

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SophieCunningham: I'm really sorry we haven't gotten back to you yet. We're having a bit of an issue with the email and working to get that sorted. I will follow up with you there later today no matter what to help you get sorted. Thanks for your patience. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.