Yubikey login

Hello

Is it possible to login just via Yubikey?`I don't want to enter my master password every time I try to login Windows app or Chrome 1PasswordX.

In Windows app, it only enables itself if I login first with my master password.

1Password Version: 7.3.702
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Naxterra,

Thanks for writing in.

Not at the moment; you do need to unlock with your master password before you can use Yubikey via Windows Hello.

We'd like to enable the support for Windows Hello on the first start but it requires more research to do it securely because we have to store some kind of key on disk securely. Right now, we only use a one-time scrambled version of your key in memory that is reset when you terminate 1Password; which is why you have to unlock with your master password on every reboot.

• @Naxterra, we are already integrated with Windows Hello, it is the reason you can use Yubikey after the master password entry.

Windows Hello isn't the issue, the issue is what data we provide to Hello to use permanently that doesn't weaken the overall security of your 1Password data. You are reducing 1Password's ability to protect your data by passing its control over to Hello fully; that's not something we can do lightly. If Windows Hello is compromised or something like that, 1Password is also fully compromised.

• On Mike's behalf, you are most welcome, @Naxterra. If you have further questions, of course, we're here to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.