FF Browser extension and do not include vaults

tb582
tb582
Community Member

I'm using the 1passX browser extension for FF - version 1.15.3

I have three vaults and in the settings under Include in All Vaults I have one of them turned off yet the extension is showing me passwords from this vault!.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tb582 - I'm sorry for the trouble! You said you're using 1Password X...but I'm wondering whether you might also have 1Password for Mac installed? If so, you'd need to make sure you turn off the "Include in All Vaults" in both applications: 1Password X and 1Password for Mac. Here are the details for 1Password for Mac. Hope that's helpful. If I'm wrong and you don't also have 1Password for Mac installed, let me know.

• tb582
    tb582
    Community Member

I do have both - let me uninstall 1pass mac, just having the browser extension should suffice.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tb582 - to be clear, 1Password X was designed to work without a local application (such as 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows). But if you have a 1password.com membership (which you do if you can run 1Password X, which only works with 1Password accounts), then you're entitled to use our local apps on any device you can install them on as well -- IF you want. It's not my place to say whether you should have 1Password for Mac installed, but it can certainly be beneficial to work with your data locally, sometimes -- particularly if you are traveling or out of internet connectivity. If you want to uninstall 1Password 7 for Mac, you certainly can -- but it's part of your membership at no extra charge and, for example, if you use Safari (which can't run 1Password X), you will need the local 1Password for Mac app, and the "requires desktop app" extension.

This discussion has been closed.