Diagnostic Report - Simplify the flow

Whenever we ask for a diagnostic report why don't we just open the default mail client with pre composed mail with attached diagnostic report and pre-filled address of 1Password support and just asking the the confirmation to sent the mail? This is much better than asking user to do all this.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Abhijit

Which platform are you referring to? 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS already do that.

Ben

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

I am referring to 1Password for Windows 7.

• Thanks. I'll check in with our Windows team and see what the situation is there. :+1:

Ben

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben ! And for the same reason I logged the issue under Windows Topic.

• MikeT
    edited July 2019

Hi @Abhijit,

We did use to do this in 1Password 4, we stopped because half of our users (increasing over time) didn't use any mail client, which resulted into a system error and they can't submit the report; which is why we added the option to export to file as a secondary option in 1Password 4 but it then complicates the flow.

For 1Password 7, we did simplify it to simply export to file directly as increasing number of users switched to web mail.

This discussion has been closed.