Adding multiple licenses under one entry

Hello

I am trying to add all my licenses under 'software license' section but even though I am able to add text field, it is not accepting multiple lines but only one line.

For example, I have MSDN sub, and I have 5 different types of Windows 2016 licenses and each of them have 4 or more license codes. I want to create one main entry, called Windows Server 2016 and add my licenses into it. Like below

version
Essentials - Retail
license key
lickey-1
lickey-2
lickey-3
lickey-4

version
Standard - Retail
license key
lickey-1
lickey-2
lickey-3
lickey-4

version
Essentials - Retail
license key
lickey-1
lickey-2
lickey-3
lickey-4

version
Datacenter - Retail
license key
lickey-1
lickey-2
lickey-3
lickey-4

version
Remote Desktop Services device connections (50) - Retail
license key
lickey-1
lickey-2
lickey-3
lickey-4

version
Remote Desktop Services user connections (50) - Retail
license key
lickey-1
lickey-2
lickey-3
lickey-4

So far I created five different entries instead of one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• The default license key field is, indeed, the only one that will accept multi-line input, @Naxterra. I take it each of these license keys needs to be multiple lines? Do you need to be able to copy all lines at once or would it be okay to copy one at a time? I'll definitely pass along that you'd like to see support for custom fields that accept multiple lines, but I'm trying to see if I can think up a workable solution in the meantime . :+1:

• Cool beans, that totally makes sense, thanks @Naxterra :chuffed: . For now, what I'd suggest is using the section headers to separate the keys. So you'll name a section License 2, then each line of the license key can be its own custom text field within that new section. Note that even though the new section is created at the bottom of the template, you can move it up towards the top with the other license info using the arrow buttons next to the section header in edit mode. :+1:

• I was able to move those custom sections all the way to the top just below the license key that is part of the template, @Naxterra. That said, I did mess something up that might be getting you too when I tried this – I had my cursor in field label right below the section label and that's close enough that I thought I was clicking the right buttons when I wasn't. I actually got to the point where I was trying to reproduce it and let the dev team know only to find – d'oh – it was totally user error. Not saying this is definitely what's happening to you, but make sure you're mousing over the section label and try using the arrow buttons again. It should allow you to move these custom sections freely. The only thing you can modify in the ordering the section with the very first license key you added.

And, again, just to be clear I'm not at all suggesting this as a perfect or permanent solution – just trying my best to find something that might be better for you than multiple entries for the time being. If you're not finding it's any better in the end, that's fine. I just wanted to give a go. :+1:

• Strange, @Naxterra. I'm not able to reproduce that. I am, technically, using a newer version than you since I'm on an internal build but I did look through recently closed issues and it doesn't appear we've made any changes to the editor at all between stable and my version. I'm gonna pretend the issue I thought I'd found when I messed things up was real for a second just in case it wasn't me and just so happens to have more to it than what I tracked down. If you save that test item, then edit it again, are you able to move those custom sections farther up?

• Oh, for sure. I can't make any promises, of course, @Naxterra, but I will absolutely pass it along. And, of course, now I feel a bit vindicated that the behavior I thought I was observing was real and I'm not, in fact, a crazy person (or if I am, this at least isn't why :lol: ). Not that it gets me any closer to reliable steps to reproduce, but it's a start, and your experience gives me some ideas, so thanks for that too. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.