To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Free trial ended, now I have duplicate entries and can't make any changes, master p/w not recognised

TOMJWA
TOMJWA
Community Member

Hi

After having the app for a few years I had a go using the free trial about three months ago but it expired and I didn't pay; ever since when looking at my account on the ios app (current version 7.3.2) every entry is duplicated. I can't make any changes (can't edit current passwords or create new files) and when I try to delete the primary vault (having had a dig around on the forum that seems to be what I need to do) it asks for my master password. I type that in and it is rejected. I went to settings, 1password accounts, my account, change password and it recognised my password and I changed it. I went back to delete the vault, entered in the new password and it says my password is incorrect!

Is this all retribution for me not paying for the app?!

From the help forum it sounds as though there are workarounds, but I can't figure it out, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:maste3r password

Comments

• Hey @TOMJWA

Thanks for getting in touch! My name is Josh and I would be glad to help you out with your current issue!

I had the same problem some time ago when I used our Standalone offering! It looks like you may know this already, but it sounds like you have the same data within your Personal and your Primary vaults in which will cause the duplicates. The Personal vault is the one that is connected to your 1Password.com membership. Your Primary vault is connected to our Standalone vault option.

As you mentioned above, you said you changed your Master Password by going to Settings > 1Password Accounts > [Your Account] > Change Master Password.

While this is the correct way to change your Master Password to your 1Password.com vaults, this does not change the Master Password to your Standalone vaults. The issue you are currently having, sounds like you may have gotten your Master Password to your 1Password.com accounts changed to something different than that of your Standalone vaults Master Password.

Unlike with 1Password.com accounts, Standalone vaults do not have an entry with the app to help point you in the direction of what your Master Password could be. The good news is that you can try as many time as you would like to guess the Master Password of your Standalone vault and not have to worry about it deleting your data or it locking you out.

Can you possibly think of some passwords, maybe some older ones, that you used and give those a shot? Also, please checkout our handy link below. It may be beneficial in helping you to recover the Master Password to your Standalone vault.

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

If you cannot remember the Master Password to your Standalone vault, do not worry, we still have another option! Before you continue with this method, make sure you have your Emergency Kit downloaded or a copy of your Secret Key and Master Password. Please make sure that everything you see in your Primary vault is also in your Personal vault. Once you have made sure everything is there, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the 1Password app on your iOS device.
    2. Go to Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data

Once you have done this, it will delete everything contained in your Standalone vault off of your 1Password iOS app. Go back into your 1Password app and sign back into your 1Password.com account. This should have removed the Primary vault from your device and you should no longer see duplicates.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue! :)

Also, I highly recommend signing up for a 1Password membership. It is a lot easier and safer than our old Standalone vault offering.

This discussion has been closed.