Not able to download 1password6 safari extension from website

Hi, I followed the links to download the extension here https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C but I don't see a button or link to actually download the extension. Is this a bug?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password6 extension

Comments

• Hi @hitokirikensan,

What version of macOS and Safari are you using? They could be part of the explanation so we'll know better once you let us know :smile:

• I'm on Mac OS 10.15 Beta (19A501i), Safari Version 13.0 (15608.1.31.1.2)

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for that information @hitokirikensan. The 1Password 6 extension is not compatible with Safari 13. Safari 13 requires 1Password 7. You can read more about this here:

1Password 6 for Mac won't fill or save in Safari 13 or later

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Thanks for the info @Ben! Quick question that I wasn't able to find a clear answer on. I paid for the full 1Password version before the subscription model kicked in. Is that moot now so if I want continued support I need to pay for 1Password 7?

Thanks!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited July 18

@hitokirikensan

1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you'd like to discuss any particulars of your individual situation I'd recommend reaching out to our sales team at [email protected] with the details. If you'd prefer a license they are available from the 1Password 7 for Mac welcome screen by clicking the "need a license? We have those too" link. A 1Password 7 for Mac license is regularly $65 USD + tax, but is on sale as of writing for a limited time for $50 USD + tax.

Please let me know how you make out.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file