Security key and USB adapter for iOS app MFA

Options
royimous
royimous
Community Member

Can a USB to lightning adapter and a security key (like a Yubikey) be used with the 1Password iOS app?

I know there is no NFC support on with the iOS app and was wondering if plugging in a security key into my iPhone or other iOS device would work as MFA.

I've done several searches and can't find anything on this on the forums or support documents.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @royimous

Good question; thanks for asking. At the moment the only 2FA we support for 1Password accounts within 1Password for iOS is TOTP. I don't believe Yubikey offers a TOTP generation app for their security keys on iOS (only Mac). To the best of my knowledge this would not work as you've described. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are looking at the possibility of expanding our support of U2F through keys like the Yubikey to our native apps, but I couldn't say at this point when or if that'll become reality.

Ben

• royimous
    royimous
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben ! I think Yubikey does do this for iOS. Not sure about the technical aspect, but I've done with this Yubikey + LastPass. I just desperately want move my company over to 1Password from LastPass!

• Ben
    Options

@royimous

I just desperately want move my company over to 1Password from LastPass!

I'd suggest reaching out to our business team at business@1password.com to discuss any concerns you have in that regard. They'd be best positioned to assist in that regard.

I think Yubikey does do this for iOS. Not sure about the technical aspect, but I've done with this Yubikey + LastPass

Again as far as I've found that isn't the case, but if you find otherwise I'd certainly be interested to hear how you've made it work. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.