To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cant Add 6git code 2 Factor

Thanos92
Thanos92
Community Member

Hello! I try to enable the 2 Factor but i cant! I try 2 different apps from my Androind (Windows and Google apps) and when i add the 6 code tell me:

Incorrect authentication code.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Thanos92,

Normally the cause of all 2FA errors is incorrect clocks on the device(s). As 2FA uses the current time, if its out of sync with the internet clocks by enough seconds then the codes will be a mismatch. Could that be the cause here?

• Thanos92
    Thanos92
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Yes working! Thank you :)

• Hey @Thanos92

I am so glad @littlebobbytables was able to get you fixed up. If you ever have anymore questions or concerns, please let us know. We are always happy to help!

Have a great rest of your week! :)

• JanPaul
    JanPaul
    Community Member

anything to do with being in the Netherlands, 1password uses a canadian time?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @JanPaul,

Thankfully location is irrelevant otherwise I fear 2FA would be a hideous nightmare, all that is required is your device syncs its internal clock with a server and that the device has the correct time zone information rather than leaving it at GMT and altering the clock manually.

This discussion has been closed.