1Password7 Mac Chrome

Options
instahack210
instahack210
Community Member

Hello,
When I was installing the 1Password7 upgrade, I received a warning message saying something about Chrome not being signed or an untrusted signature. Now, When I go to a website, right click a dialog box like username/password, open 1Password and click the username/password to auto-fill the form, it no longer works and I have to manually copy/pasta the username and password.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Chrome extension 4.7.5.90 from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk. I have restarted both Chrome and the laptop, but I still cannot fill in form details from 1Password7. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.1 (70301007) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.5 (18F132)
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud Subscription

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @instahack210

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. This usually means that Chrome has an update pending. Could you please confirm which version of Chrome you have installed, and that Chrome has been restarted after installing the latest update?

Ben

• instahack210
    instahack210
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response @Ben

That was one of the first things that I checked.

"Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)"

I have restarted both chrome and my Macbook. Are there any installation logs that I can provide that might relay the actual warning message that was encountered? I normally take screenshots of such things but was in a rush this particular day.

Thanks again,
    Aaron

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for confirming. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/105580/
    • Your forum username: instahack210

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• instahack210
    instahack210
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben

For your reference, this is your support ID:
    [#FFF-86412-224]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Email received @instahack210, thank you! And I see that our colleague JD has already replied to you over there :)

ref: FFF-86412-224

• instahack210
    instahack210
    Community Member
    Options

If anyone else sees this thread:
    Here is the message that I got while upgrading to 1Password7.

The fix was to uninstall the old 1Password for Chrome plugin and install the 1PasswordX plugin.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing this! I am happy to hear that everything is working again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.