Round and round she goes

Options
JustJoan
JustJoan
Community Member

..and where she stops....I never do know. I’m talking about signing in to 1Password on my IOS phone. I enter my Master Password, I get two options, my account and the full account. When I click on either one it takes me back to the Master Password login. Circuitous, yes? Occasionally I do get through to the program but never unless I’ve been through the traffic circle at least twice. What’s the point?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JustJoan!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "your account" and "your full account", please?

• JustJoan
    JustJoan
    Community Member
    Options

Din't know how else to describe it. On the top of my 1Password menu I have 1Passord, then below it 1Password (Joan Roseman) Account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JustJoan:

Can you please share a couple of screenshots of what you are seeing? Please remove any personal information from there before uploading, since this is a public forum.

I am specifically interested in screenshots from these steps you mentioned in your original post:

I enter my Master Password, I get two options, my account and the full account

and:

When I click on either one it takes me back to the Master Password login.

If you are taken back to the Master Password window, it means that your app locked, and I cannot think of a way to make your app lock after tapping on a button inside the app. So it is possible that you are actually not taken back to the Master Password login, as you said, and that you are shown another window which is not the lock window, so the screenshots will help us understand exactly where you are in the app :)

• JustJoan
    JustJoan
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I think I solved the problem, but in a strange way.
    I've had an Apple account for a very long time. At first their emails were assigned a "me.com" suffix and that was the suffix for my AppleID address for years. Then Apple began pushing iCloud for everything. and. gave me second AppleID with "iCloud.com" as my suffix. I could use either so I stuck with the first because I always used the me.com one to send all my emails and registered all my apps with that one, including 1Password. Then several days ago my Master Password troubles began.

Yesterday I went into Account and changed my registered email from "me.com" to. "iCloud.com." Since then I have had no trouble signing in. None. This has worked so well I have gone ahead snd done the same switch on all my registered apps. Wherever possible I will use the iCloud Apple ID and email from now on. I thank you for your willingness to problem-solve the earlier issue but I am just happy to be able to get into 1Password from the start. It's the first thing I do, whether signing in on my Mac, my iPhone or my iPad -- my essential app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @JustJoan! I am happy to hear that everything is working again. And thank you for the kind words too :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.