1password stops operating frequently on Safari (MAC)

Options
lasleyma
lasleyma
Community Member

1password stops operating frequently on Safari. Will not provide passwords. To fix I must exit Safari and then restart it. I have the latest version of 1password and the latest MAC OS and latest Safari.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member
    Options

MacOS 10.14.5, 1password 7.3.1 (70301008)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lasleyma!

When this happens, can you please check your Safari Preferences > Extensions tab and confirm if the 1Password browser extension is there and is indeed enabled?

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, 1password is still present and checked. But it doesn't work. I tried to cause the error and repeated logging on and off the same site didn't do it. It happened when I nagigated to another site, then came back to the original. And yes the error is still active.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lasleyma: We have made some changes in the latest beta to try to work around Safari disconnecting. Would you be willing to try that to see if it helps you as well?

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I would be willing to try it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lasleyma: great, thank you for the confirmation! You can upgrade to the beta anytime then and see if that helps ;)

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member
    Options

I installed the Beta. The results are the same as before. In Safari I can do multiple logons and logoffs, If I go to another site and login and off, then go back to the original site, the button on safari for 1password is no longer active. Also, the icon for 1password in the header of the MAC is no longer active. Clicking on it gets nothing, If I exit Safari and restart, everything works and it remembers that I have logged in. I do not have to supply the password to the 1password storage. If it helps, the 2 sites I am using are first Fidelity and then Bank of America, then back to Fidelity.

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member
    Options

using 1password version 7.32 BETA-1 (70302001)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lasleyma: Which version of macOS and Safari are you using? Also,

the button on safari for 1password is no longer active

Can you tell me what you mean by that?

What happens if you press ⌘ \ on a website where you have a Login saved?

I'm not having any trouble with Bank of America, but I'll see if I can find anything with Fidelity. It would really help to know what I'm looking for though. Thanks in advance!

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member
    Options

MacOS 10.14.5
    Clicking on the button does nothing. It usually show the passwords associated with the logon page. The one on mac header does the same inaddition to letting you run 1password. There is no dropdrown menu displayed. Exiting and restarting Safari makes everything work again.I have saved logins on both the websites mentioned and use them all the time, except when they don;t work. This is a new problem about 2 weeks or so. It used to work fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lasleyma: I wonder if there is something on your system that is interfering with 1Password. When this happens again, can you please send us a diagnostics report from your Mac before restarting the browser, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.