To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why can't I easily and quickly transfer my individual account to a family account?

Options
MattRyan
MattRyan
Community Member

I bought an individual account (in app purchase). I want to switch to a family account so that my wife and I can both use and share.

I brought this up with support via email ([#EDY-96487-439]), who were very helpful, had me deactivate my in app purchase thru the itunes store, and said I could then upgrade to a family account by clicking "invite people" in the sidebar. But I'm still not seeing this in the sidebar.

Can anyone help me out? I just need a solution, or to know it's impossible so I can move on.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:[#EDY-96487-439] I've tried to convert an individual account (purchased in app) to a family account for days now and no luck

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi @MattRyan

I apologize the process isn't quicker/easier. The cancellation process requires an action on our part in addition to you cancelling with Apple. In order to open up direct billing for you we have to also mark your Apple subscription cancelled on our end. I see you've been working with my colleague Juan. Let me follow up with him and see if that part has been done yet. One of us will get back to you shortly via email. Thanks!

Ben

ref: EDY-96487-439

• ghostdog
    ghostdog
    Community Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

this a good personal reminder why I don't like buy apps direct on the Apple Store, is better buy apps direct on the Developers Sites, sadly some are 100% on the app store, thankfully 1pass is not one of those.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's a fair point. Honestly, while we've put a lot of work into making purchasing directly from us a good experience too, App Store purchases can be more convenient in many cases, especially on the go. There's a really nice "happy path" with that. But the flip side is that there's less flexibility to an extent. So I can definitely see where you're coming from. Anyway, we're glad to help our customers in any way we can. Cheers! :)

• blessedbyothers
    blessedbyothers
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you brenty and I appreciate your candor.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.