[Feature Request] Confirm One-Time Password deletion

PatrickDotStar
PatrickDotStar
Community Member
edited July 2019 in iOS

Hello,

I have recently moved all my 2FA account codes from Microsofts 2FA iOS app to 1Password to access all my 2FA codes on all my devices which use 1Password which is pretty neat :)
However, I noticed that it is very "easy" to delete a One-Time Password from an account since there is not confirmation the user has to make and there seems to be no way to recover a deleted One-Time Password once the user saved his changes. (I noticed this using the iOS and MacOS app)
So for eg. if I edit an account and by mistake I change or delete One-Time Password and press save, there is no way to recover it and I then have to use a backup code and reconfigure 2FA for that specific account.

Other apps like Googles and Microsofts authenticator ask for confirmation when trying to delete a 2FA code and the user has to confirm. Imo, it would be great and more secure if 1Password also asks for confirmation if a One-Time Password gets editied or deleted. Or maybe add the possibility to recover/lookup a deleted One-Time Passwords within the account like you can do with all your deleted regular passwords.

Cheers,
Patrick

1Password Version: 7.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PatrickDotStar! Welcome to the forum!

Or maybe add the possibility to recover/lookup a deleted One-Time Passwords within the account like you can do with all your deleted regular passwords.

This is exactly why we offer item history :)

• PatrickDotStar
    PatrickDotStar
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply :)
    True, I haven‘t looked on the web app yet but seems like a fine solution :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @PatrickDotStar! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime. And let us know how item history works for you ;)

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.