I use my pc to encrypt a password, should it auto update the site password on my ipad?

rogennis
rogennis
Community Member

Please see the question in the title box above.

1Password Version: 4.7.5.90
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: ?
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search: I use my pc to encrypt add password, should it auto update the site password on my ipad?

Comments

• rogennis
    rogennis
    Community Member

I'm new. Is this enough to get an answer to my question?

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@rogennis This is a public forum, not a chat room. Someone from AgileBits will be along to answer your question eventually.

• rogennis
    rogennis
    Community Member

When I use my PC to encrypt a sites password should it auto update the site password on my ipad so that I do not have to type in 1Password encryption to pull up that site on my ipad?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rogennis: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're asking, but if it helps, this is the way 1Password works:

You can save your login credentials for a website in 1Password, so that they are secure (as opposed to writing them down in a notepad or text file), encrypted using your Master Password. Then you can access them at any time by entering your Master Password, but no one else can since only you know it.

And you can then use iOS Password Autofill so you don't have to type them or copy/paste them to sign in:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

But if your current password is not good, you can use 1Password to generate a strong, unique password:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

The key is that you need to also update the password with the website, so both it and 1Password have the same information.

And with a 1Password membership, you can sign into your 1Password account in the 1Password app on all of your devices to access your data on those as well.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.