To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Change Cloud - Switch Team Account to EU Cloud

adminKM2019
adminKM2019
Community Member

I want to change the cloud to EU Cloud - ist that possible? If yes, how can i do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:switch in EU Cloud

Comments

• Hi @adminKM2019

One of the main points of having the various regions is that they don't "talk" to each other — other than running the same codebase they are entirely separate. As such at this point there is no automated way to move a membership from one to another. Doing so would require setting up a new membership in the destination region, re-inviting everyone, and then having each person move all of their data from the source account to the destination one. You could certainly do that, and our business team (business@1password.com) would be happy to help in any way that we can, but it does mean some manual work for each team member to make it happen. You'd have to decide if the benefits outweigh the effort required.

1Password.com is fully GDPR compliant. The only real benefit I can think of for transferring is a very slight reduction in network latency between your organization and 1Password if you are located in the EU. The difference is likely to be negligible though.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.