New UI and Windows Beta

Hi!

Today I bought 1Password for Windows, mac and iPhone - I got two short questions about the Windows platform:

1: Has there been any talk about changing the UI for 1password on Windows? Compared with the mac version it looks really bad (In my opinion)

2: When will the Windows version go away from Beta to an "official release" - If I read correct 1password for windows was released in the beginning of 2010 ? Almost 3 Years ago

Thanks for any answer!

Comments

• I got my questions answered from 1Password's Twitter.

Quote from twitter: (In case you would like to know)
    No Timeframe on a Windows UI change, but it's certainly on the cards.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Flornes!

Today I bought 1Password for Windows, mac and iPhone

Awesome! Thanks. :D

1: Has there been any talk about changing the UI for 1password on Windows? Compared with the mac version it looks really bad (In my opinion)

To clarify, we don't normally pre-announce products or features. We prefer to let 1Password speak for itself rather than trying to lure people in or string them along with promises of future features. :)

That said, I believe 1Password for Mac and Windows will only become more similar as we move forward. I don't mean to be evasive, but we prefer to under-promise and over-deilver rather than the reverse.

2: When will the Windows version go away from Beta to an "official release" - If I read correct 1password for windows was released in the beginning of 2010 ? Almost 3 Years ago

That's only 2 years ago, but I'll not split hairs. :) 1Password for Windows has been stable for a very long time. Uncheck the box to "Include Beta versions" in Preferences > Updates if you want to stick to stable releases.

20120703-qakhbawdax22cpq6e7xcas3ht7.png
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    I love the Mac version, but please: don't use an OSX GUI in a Windows program. I think you should use more "flat" icons to match the new style of Windows 8 (it's not just the "Metro enviroment" that is getting flatter, the ordinary desktop is too). I'm using 1Password on Windows 8 RP and of course some parts of 1Password (that uses standard dialog buttons etc) are already changed, although many changes to the UI in W8 aren't present in the Release Preview.

When I'm on the subject I can as well mention the 1Password application for Windows Phone. Please get rid of those 90s looking icons and backgrounds. Just a black backgrund, standard WP7 fonts and flat icons that match the rest of the OS. Can't be that hard, can it?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.