Windows Family LIcense

I am doing the DIY approach for 1Password and I was wondering if my family license for windows can be upgraded to 1Password7? I am have been using the old client and I gather from what I have read that my license does cover this upgrade. I have my order number if that will help? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @ericeric,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for taking the time to write in. We no longer offer family licenses, and the recommended upgrade path for families to use 1Password is 1Password Families membership. That said, if you would prefer to continue with licensing, you can do that. Please be aware though that 1Password 7 licenses are sold separately and are sold on a per-person, per-platform basis. You can read more about the options here:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Windows

If you do stick with licensing and syncing via Dropbox please note that 1Password 7 requires the new(er) OPVault sync format for Dropbox. Agile Keychain is no longer supported. If you are currently using Agile Keychain 1Password 7 will automatically convert that to OPVault for you, but you’ll need to re-establish sync with the new OPVault file from each of your devices. You may want to consider upgrading to the new sync format before upgrading 1Password. Both 1Password 4 and 1Password 7 support OPVault:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain

I hope that helps! If you have further questions please let us know.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file