cannot install Firefox extension

bege
bege
Community Member
edited July 2012 in 1Password 4 for Windows
Hi,

opening Firefox today the 1P buttons (both toolbar and add-on-bar) were gone. The toolbar-button couldn't be added manually (was not shown in the window of available buttons). Several restarts didn't help.
So I tried to un-install the extension. This wasn't possible either. The extension could only be deactivated. So I removed it manually (deleted extension file in the extension folder, sqlite file in the profiles folder and left preferences in about:config).

Then I tried to re-install the extension.
In Firefox I get the message that Firefox could not install the extension because Firefox cannot change the required file. What does that mean? (Windows user has administrator rights.)

Windows XP SP3
1P 1.0.9.296
Firefox 13.0.1

[Solved]: I additionally deleted the jetpack folder in the Firefox profile. Could install the extension, buttons are back.
Anyway: The problem that the toolbar button is gone happened several times before, but could be solved by restarting Firefox. But I'd prefer to have this more stabile.

Regards

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm glad you were able to get it resolved. It sounds like possibly a corrupt Firefox profile. If you have any further trouble, please try creating a new Firefox profile and let me know if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.