Autofill of ids and passwords not working on Google Chrome Windows 10 browser.

Not much more to say, no indication that 1password even exists even though the login page I am trying was put into 1password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• amdettman
    amdettman
    Community Member

I figured out that I needed to add the extension for 1password to my Chrome browser. It now works for the id on the login page I am testing but does nothing for the password.

• amdettman
    amdettman
    Community Member

Wrote too soon. Chrome is STILL not autofilling ids and passwords even after I added the 1password extension in Chrome and the App to my desktop. What gives??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

@amdettman: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Just to make sure we're on the same page, while you do need to have to 1Password extension installed in your browser to use it to fill login credentials, 1Password will never fill automatically without you telling it to do so. We don't want it to squirt sensitive information into websites without user consent, so you'd need to use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl \) or toolbar button to fill a saved Login for the current website:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

If you're still having trouble, unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the specific OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, knowing the URL where you're having difficulty would allow us to test it and give you detailed instructions. Thanks in advance! :)

ref: JAX-94566-458

This discussion has been closed.