1Password7: I have double logins on the iOs app after syncing with membership account?

Options
eppodehaes
eppodehaes
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for several years on my mac and iPhone. I always bought a license but now I have upgraded to 1Password 7, I have subscribed myself to a membership. I have installed 1Password 7 on my mac, added my membership account ad everything synced nicely. I have then followed the on-screen instructions and deleted the old vault. I then used the QR code provided with my membership to add my membership account to the app on my iPhone. I think I did something wrong there because I have now all my logins double. I do not see how to fix this. Can I delete everything in Preferences / Advanced / Delete all 1Pasword.../ then re-install the app and sync again with my membership account? Thank you for your answer!

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 7.3.1 (70301007)
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:double entries on iOS app after syncing with subscription

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eppodehaes,

Can I ask, on your iPhone did you complete any steps to remove the existing Primary vault?

If you made the move to the 1Password account very recently, as in you used 1Password 7.3 or 7.3.1 during the move then what should have happened in 1Password for Mac is when it synchronised the new and empty vault from your new 1Password account it copied all of your vaults over and then removed the locally stored ones. That would have left just the 1Password account vaults and everything should have appeared as it normally does, the fact that they're part of a 1Password account being invisible.

On the iPhone, after adding the 1Password account, if the locally stored vaults are still present then everything 1Password for Mac copied over would mean two copies of everything. You have a couple of options.

1. Delete the local vaults. In very brief detail we cover this on our support page https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#ios - that being a direct link to the part about how to handle secondary devices.
    2. Delete 1Password for iOS completely and re-install. Crude but highly effective given iOS deletes all the app data when you delete the app. When you set up the fresh copy you would sign into your 1Password account and so there should only be a single copy of everything.

I personally find 2 easier. I don't know why, maybe it's because I've been using 1Password for a while now and so that approach was good for a lot of scenarios. Either way though, if the iPhone didn't contain anything that wasn't on the Mac then the above should sort you out. If you have any questions, if anything isn't clear please let us know and we'll do our best to help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.