How do I download the purchased versions (NO subscription) for family sharing?

I purchased the standalone apps for iPhone, iPad and Mac several years ago and now want to install on my spouses devices. How can I install those apps on her devices?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I download the purchased versions (NO subscription) for family sharing?

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @jwhart!

Since you mention family sharing, I assume you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store rather than from us. In this case, you can download 1Password 6 from your purchase history in the Mac App Store app (click on your username in the bottom left corner of the app and you can access your previous purchases, including your family purchases, from there).

• Sorry for the confusion. I purchased it from Agilebits on 4/16/14. I have the order number, if that matters.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@jwhart: If you have a family license (which has not been available for years but was at that time) for the Mac app at that time, it will be for the specific thing you purchased. Then you could install that version on your spouse's Mac and apply the license. 1Password for Mac version 7 would be a paid upgrade in that case though, and is only sold per person.

But if you purchased from the Mac App Store, you could install the version you paid for from purchase history there if you bought it as a paid download (not an in-app purchase, as those cannot be shared). That should work. If not, you'd need to reach out to Apple to hep with their Family Sharing feature.

• After researching further, I purchased the apps for both my Mac and Windows from agilebits. Is the Mac version purchased from agilebits eligible for family sharing? If so, would I be able to download and enter my license code? The iOS versions for iPhone and iPad were purchased in iTunes from the Apple Store. I'm not sure how Apple would be able to help me obtain the version I purchased which doesn't require a subscription.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @jwhart!

What version of 1Password for Mac did you purchase? Was it 6 or 7?

As Brenty wrote, family licenses for 1Password were only available for 1Password 6, so you would have had to purchase your license a long time ago to have on of these. Your order confirmation email will tell you what type of license you purchase, in case you don't remember.

If you instead purchased an individual license for version 6 or version 7, you cannot share it with other people, as 1Password licenses are sold on a per-person per-platform basis.

• Thank you for the response. I purchased 6. Also, is a permanent license for version 7 still available for version 6 owners?

• I've purchased and installed version 7. Thanks again!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited July 29

@jwhart: yes, you can still purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 if you wish :) We do not offer family licenses anymore, so you would need to purchase one license for each family member.

If there are a lot of people in your family that use 1Password, a 1Password Families account might end up being less expensive though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file