Using 1Password in Chrome's Citrix Workspace App

When you use Chrome's Citrix Workspace App to access a Citrix Gateway, the browser window that opens has no toolbars and, therefore, no 1Password extension button. Is it possible to show toolbars and/or the 1Password button icon that normally appears to the right of the location bar in other Chrome windows? It would be much more convenient to have that 1Password button icon on the Citrix Workspace App window instead of having to open another browser window, search for the login information, cut and paste the username, and cut and paste the password.

1Password Version: X 1.15.7
Extension Version: 1.15.7 (build #20080)
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:"citrix workspace app"

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2019

@goleskim: The problem is that it would be easy for a webpage to spoof a 1Password X unlock prompt, so we need to restrict unlocking to the toolbar menu, since that's entirely inaccessible to web content and controlled solely by the browser.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if they're building some version of Chrome into the app it can easily be outdated and have compatibility and security issues. I wasn't able to find details on what they're using, but it may be best to use the real Chrome to avoid all of those issues.

And you can also bring up 1Password mini from the Windows app at any time using Ctrl Alt \; it won't be able to fill for you into apps the way it can in a supported browser, but it's more convenient than opening another browser...and the "Type in window" feature (right-click a Login and select the field and window to fill in) can work in many cases. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.