Windows Dropbox sync takes 26 seconds

beirne
beirne
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I use 1Password on both the Mac and Windows. Things are fine on the Mac, but on Windows when I start work in the morning or log into something after some time, 1Password takes 26 seconds to sync up before giving me the password I need. It has pretty much always been this way, but I wanted to see if there was any hope of this getting faster. It's not a problem on the Mac so I figure there is some way it could work better on Windows.

1Password Version: 7.3.704
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• This and related issues are among the few things we're focusing on right now, @beirne. Without diving too deep, what's happening here is that 1Password for Windows is getting a bit bogged down trying to do too many things at once. As its capabilities have expanded, it's not really kept up with everything it needs to do when first starting so a decent chunk of customers are seeing some significant lag when first starting 1Password. It doesn't impact everyone (my desktop is fine, but my Surface has a bit of trouble) but we're aware of it, we know the cause, and we're working on a solution. It's not quick, but we're as desperate to have it out the door as anyone so while I can't give you anything approaching a reliable ETA at this time, I can say we'll have a fix out as quickly as is practical.

I apologize for the trouble. I do know it's a pain, particularly for folks using standalone vaults that can't use 1Password X to help mitigate these problems. There's not much we can suggest that will completely fix things right now, but we are working as quickly as possible towards a fix. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.