Is there a way to automatically remove duplicate items from my vault?

blove
blove
Community Member

When I switched to the latest version of 1Password, it seems like almost all items in my vault are listed multiple times. This applies to all sorts of items including Logins, Driver Licences, Documents, Identities, etc. Is there any way to automatically delete duplicate items?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:stores multiple

Comments

• Hi @blove

Could you please check if you see a vault called "Primary" in the vault switcher (top left of the app)?

Ben

• blove
    blove
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

When I look at it on my iMac, I have a vault called Primary (under ON MY MAC). When I look on my macbook, I do not.

-Betty

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blove (Betty),

If you're only seeing duplicates on the iMac then it sounds like all we need to do is remove the Primary vault on the iMac's copy of 1Password for Mac. This isn't too bad and the following should sort you out :smile:

1. In 1Password for Mac on the iMac, Select the menu option Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary so that the Primary vault is active.
    2. With the Primary vault active, select the menu option Vault > Delete Vault... and follow the prompts.

These steps are only applicable if you have a 1Password account but the presence of a Primary vault on only one Mac does strongly indicate this is the case. If you're concerned at all or are finding the steps aren't working please let us know and we'll continue troubleshooting with you.

• blove
    blove
    Community Member

On my macbook I have a duplicate of every entry. So deleting the Primary vault on the imac might fix part of the problem, it won't fix everything.

And before I delete the Primary vault on the imac, is there a way to make sure everything that's in it is also in the Personal vault?

Thanks.

• On my macbook I have a duplicate of every entry. So deleting the Primary vault on the imac might fix part of the problem, it won't fix everything.

In that case you may want to try using the Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items menu. This option is only available when viewing a single vault; not in "All Vaults" view. This should be done in addition to (not instead of) deleting any "Primary" vaults.

And before I delete the Primary vault on the imac, is there a way to make sure everything that's in it is also in the Personal vault?

Yes, the Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account... option should help with that.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.