To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

App Store subscription but app is read-only

Options
Deanlie
Deanlie
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Memberships

Hi, I had 1Password 6 through the Apple App store. On June 26 I paid $35.99 (plus tax) to them for an automatic renewal of my 1Password Individuals account. That was Apple's order ID MLJ150VB3X, document 177275523317. I uploaded 1Password 7 and I've been using it, in a limited way, since. My 1Password 6 now works only in read-only mode and says "Pay to unlock" or some such (right now version 7 is running or I'd get the real text). Version 7 doesn't have all the features (for instance, I need to copy passwords from it and paste them into web site logins, rather than clicking on the mini-1Password window and having them copied to the web page, and it won't generate new web site login items automatically).

Will you count what I paid as a membership for version 7, or do I need to sign up again and have a beef with Apple? What do I do to get one or the other version to work properly? Of course I prefer to use the latest, most secure version.

1Password Version: 7.3.1 Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Deanlie: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the confusion. It sounds like you signed up for a subscription through Apple and perhaps don't even have a 1Password membership yet. That can happen if you just go in the App Store, and tap "subscribe" without setting anything else up, and I see that sometimes. You'd only have a 1Password membership account if you'd actually signed up for one, and it includes all of the apps and updates, so you wouldn't need to deal with any "read only" restrictions or use only a particular version. But the only way 1Password knows of your membership is if you're signed into it in the app. Though we can't offer refunds through the App Store because it's not ours, we can totally help you get setup with 1Password membership account billing through us so we can give you a credit for what you've paid for a separate subscription, so you're not out any money. Just be sure to cancel with Apple and shoot us an email at sales@1password.com with your receipt(s) so we can help you get sorted. :)

This discussion has been closed.