chrome extension not working on mac

47beideman
47beideman
Community Member

Chrome Version: 76.0.3809.87
Latest chrome 1P extension: 4.7.5.90
Mac OS: 10.12.6 (16G2016)
1Password: 7.3.1

I don't use chrome very often. extension used to work but no love now.

steven

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @47beideman!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "not working" exactly? Is it greyed out? Is it hidden in the browser? Is everything ok but it doesn't fill?

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

hello -

here's the first issue: when i launch chrome i get a 1password dialog box:

1password can't verify the identity of your web browser

chrome is in the app folder on the mac.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@47beideman:

Can you please try following the suggestions in this article and see if they help? We wrote that support page exactly for this specific warning, so I hope they will help.

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

ok - that worked - although the first time today i opened chrome, i got the same dialog.

now i've still got an 1P extension question. i've got the extension installed but the normal menu bar drop down doesn't appear.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @47beideman, can you try restarting your Mac if you haven't yet? A few successive updates of 1Password for Mac up to v7.3.1 would prevent 1Password from connecting to the extension directly after updating, and the easiest fix was a restart (that's been fixed for v7.3.2).

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the extension from Chrome, and make sure Chrome is up to date.

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

that worked.

don't use chrome much.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Yay, glad I could help @47beideman :)

Let us know anytime if there's anything more we can do for you!

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

it worked - once. now not working again. i've restarted a few times.

1password - 7.3.2
    chrome

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

here's a screenshot showing that 1password is installed and chrome is stupid.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@47beideman:

Can you try uploading the screenshot again? I am not able to open it here, I get an error message when I try to do it.

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

here it is.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@47beideman - taking a look over what's already gone on in this thread, one thing that strikes me is that you're using macOS 10.12 (“Sierra”). Per our system requirements page, we're now listing macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”) as the minimum macOS version for use with 1Password 7 for Mac. It may work on older versions, but can be one of the problems of updating most of your critical security infrastructure (OS, browser, 1Password), but keeping one portion multiple versions behind.

To be clear, I can't guarantee that upgrading to High Sierra would solve this issue, but it might. And given our current system requirements, it's the first step I'd recommend in any further troubleshooting before proceeding to anything else: make sure 1Password, the 1Password extension and Chrome are all on their most current (stable) releases, then update macOS to at least macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”). I don't know of any Mac computers that were dropped from support in Sierra; there were several with OS X 10.11 (“El Capitan"), but as far as I know, any Mac that can run Sierra should be able to run at least High Sierra and probably Mojave.

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

thanks for this. i'm on a 2009 iMac that perfectly good but i'll max at high sierra. i'll do it and hope

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good, please let us know how it goes :+1:

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

hello again!

I moved to a different Mac and am now running mojave [10.14.6]. I've recently been forced to again use chrome and again the 1P extension is not working. I have the 1P symbol on the menu bar but no love [see attached].

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@47beideman:

What version of the 1Password app are you currently using on this new Mac?

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

1P - 7.4.1
    Chrome - Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Safari - 13.0.4 extension works fine

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@47beideman:

Thank you for the information. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from this new Mac and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

sent email - I didn't get a ticket number. the subject of the email with the zip attachment is

1PasswordDiagnostics-MBPr-2013-2020-01-28_14-14

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

here's something else re: chrome. probably isn't connected but I found it odd.

I use carbon copy cloner for bootable backup images. I went to unmount the clone in the finder and I got a message "cannot eject in use by chrome". Huh? I've no idea why chrome would be interacting with my clone ssd.

time to do some digging.

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

it's working right now. the chrome install has been gunned up for a bit. I hunted down everything associated with the app and zapped it all. probably some old google crud.

support id. [#VKC-95394-851]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear this :)

I also see that my colleagues have been helping you via email too, so in order to avoid duplicating answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion so we can continue the conversation via email if necessary :)

ref: VKC-95394-851

This discussion has been closed.