Creating a new pw, 1Password won't fill in the confirm new pw field & you can't cut & paste

Just started with 1Password and am changing all my old passwords to 1Password generated ones. On a banking site, 1Password wouldn't fill in the confirm new password field and it wouldn't allow me to cut and paste.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Creating a new pw, 1 password won't fill in the confirm new pw field & you can't cut & paste

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EMJudith! Welcome to the forum!

1Password wouldn't fill in the confirm new password field

Can you please let us know the exact URL where this is happening so we can test this?

and it wouldn't allow me to cut and paste.

Just for clarification: if you are now able to cut and paste, that is normally a limitation imposed by the website rather than by your apps. If you close 1Password and try to paste something there, you should see that cut and paste is still not working, even if 1Password is not running.

• EMJudith
    EMJudith
    Community Member

Chase.com in my personal account under "profile settings", then under "sign in & security", then under "password".

• EMJudith
    EMJudith
    Community Member

And if 1Password won't fill in the duplicate, and the website won't let me cut and paste, what's the point in having 1Password? Now I have to remember more than one password! Or, can I generate my own very random, nonsensical password and tell 1password to remember it so I don't have to?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@EMJudith

Chase.com in my personal account under "profile settings", then under "sign in & security", then under "password".

Great, thank you for the confirmation. I will see if someone has a Chase account so we can test this :)

And if 1Password won't fill in the duplicate, and the website won't let me cut and paste, what's the point in having 1Password? Now I have to remember more than one password!

It won't be necessary to remember more than one password. Even when 1Password finds a website where it's not able to fill all the information right away automatically, you can always generate a password in the app and store it there. Normally you are also able to paste that so you don't have to type it, but if a certain website does some strange things, unfortunately we have to find a workaround, and the workaround is typing this password. Luckily you should only need to do this once, when you change your password to a stronger one. From that point on, that password will be stored in 1Password anyway so you don't need to type it again.

This discussion has been closed.