App menu bar>conceal password does not toggle pw when clicked

Options
ClickCardo
ClickCardo
Community Member
edited August 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Switched to 1pw cloud and upgraded from 4 to 7 downloaded directly from 1pw.com this summer.

Menu bar VIEW shows CONCEAL PASSWORDS checks/un-checks when click but selected pw always concealed by asteriks. Only switches after entering EDIT then sticks again till entering EDIT again.

Am using app still not mini or browser extensions.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 v 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• This setting is designed to be persistent, @ClickCardo, so it sounds like what you're seeing is the item you're viewing not refreshing when you change that setting. If you select a different item after toggling it, does the new item show the password in the proper state -- revealed or concealed?

Also, if you're wanting to temporarily reveal a password, I suggest using keyboard shortcuts instead. Hold Ctrl + Alt and all password fields in the item will be revealed. Release and they're concealed again. Quicker than using a menu option and gives you some finer control over how long those fields are revealed. :+1:

• @ClickCardo: Just to make sure I'm on the same page as you, did selecting a different item after changing the View > Conceal passwords option work?

Unchecking the option will reveal all of your passwords by default, it won't just affect the item you currently have selected. If you'd prefer to have all your items concealed when you first select them, you'll want to re-check the View > Conceal passwords option. You can always reveal a particular password by hovering over it, pressing the arrow next to the Copy button and clicking "Reveal". Let me know if that helps at all! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.