1Password opening "outside of Protected mode"

After installing 1Password on my windows-based computer, every time I visit a website the following dialog box opens:

A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer

This program will open outside of Protected mode. Internet Explorer's Protected mode helps protect your computer. If you do not turst this website, do not open the program.

Name: 1Password
Publisher: Agile Web Solutions, Inc

Allow Don't Allow

The documentation on 1Password that I've read suggests that it doesn't turn Protected Mode off, so am I correct in assumining that the program that's opening "outside of protected mode" is 1Password, and that my computer is mistakenly interpreting the fact that it is opening in tandem with the loading of the webpage to indicate that software on the webpage is trying to run on my computer?

What does it mean for 1Password to operate "outside of Protected mode"?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2012
    The program that's opening "outside of protected mode" is indeed 1Password. It needs to open in tandem with the loading of the web page because 1Password's auto-save feature is looking at every web page you're visiting (it is trying to detect you logging into a web page). My advice is to check the box that reads "do not show me the warning for this program again" and then click on the button that is labelled "Allow".
This discussion has been closed.