Pricing of Stand Alone Version

What is the price of a stand alone copy of Version 7 for MacOS? And, what is the cost for a stand alone copy for iOS?

And - what is the URL, specifically, for these two prices? I don't want to download anything at this time - just want the prices please.

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @MJDFW2019! Welcome to the forum!

A standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac costs $64.99, but it's currently on sale for only $49.99. The iOS app is free to download instead :)

• Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it much! Y'all do a great job, even if the pricing model is causing a kerfuffle at the moment.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

You are welcome @MJDFW2019! And thank you for the kind words :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Why is it so difficult to get a link to the store page where you can buy a standalone version of ver 7?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited August 22

Hi @MrMadsen,

The transaction is done within the 1Password 7 app, rather than through a web page.

https://1password.com/downloads

Ben

• Hi there,
    I started with 1password 3 or 4 on Mac at the beginning of the decade, later purchased a version 6 lifetime license which I still use. I also purchased 1password for iOS and share my vault between the two using dropbox.
    I have absolutely no will to let anyone host my vault, OR to have a subscription.
    I am moving away from Mac OS to linux. I see on your site that the linux version is subscription only. Is that true? I would love to continue, but only using a licensed app and not using subscription. I really hope there is a way.
    Thanks, Roy

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @tsipo! Welcome to the forum!

I am moving away from Mac OS to linux. I see on your site that the linux version is subscription only. Is that true?

That is true, 1Password X is only available with 1Password Memberships.

I also purchased 1password for iOS and share my vault between the two using dropbox. I have absolutely no will to let anyone host my vault

You are letting Dropbox host your vault at the moment. May I ask what makes you trust the Dropbox cloud, but you wouldn't do the same with 1Password?

I would love to continue, but only using a licensed app and not using subscription. I really hope there is a way.

1Password 7 is offered as a standalone license too, so you can definitely upgrade and continue using 1Password with a standalone license everywhere, just not on Linux (where you wouldn't be able to use your existing 1Password license either, so nothing changed on that front).

• Hi! I'm puzzled. Until recently, there was an option in the iPhone App to purchase a single Pro license for 1password. Now, only the subscription options are available. I'm very happy with this standalone mode and I wanted my partner to use the same. How can I get a standalone license for 1password for the iPhone? Kind regards, Ralph

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @sinnvoll

There are no longer separate standalone licenses for our mobile apps. They can either be used with a 1Password membership, or as a companion app for 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows with a standalone license.

Ben

• Hi Ben! Thanks for the answer. What does "companion app for 1Password for Mac" mean? We have a standalone license for Mac.

Cheers,
    Ralph

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

It means that 1Password for iOS can be synced with 1Password for Mac and no additional purchase is needed (just the Mac license). :)

Ben

• On my iMac we have 2 accounts: one for me and one for my wife.
    I do not want to have a subscription and do not want to share password between my wife and I.

Since we each have an AppleID, I want to have my vault sync with my iPhone and iPad, and I want to have my wife's vault sinc with her iPhone and iPad.

I believe we where doing this with the current version of 1Password. Will this setup work with 1Password7 and with 1 license only?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited August 31

Hi @DLR

It will work, but will require 2 licenses (one for each person). 1Password Families membership would likely be less expensive / provide greater value, but if you prefer licensing and syncing via iCloud you could certainly do that. :+1:

Ben

• Before i decide to go with a subscription I would like to know if my data in the subscription must reside on your server. I do not have confidence in any server other than Icloud.

So can I still have this privacy setting in the subscription format. None of the other feature interest me.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@DLR:

You can keep your data synced on another cloud, even though we don't recommend doing it unless you really want it. This is mostly to avoid confusion in the configuration, and because if you get a subscription but keep storing your data on iCloud, you lose all of the 1Password Membership features other than the latest version of each 1Password app.

• I do not have confidence in any server other than Icloud.

Just being curious: Why is that? Apple‘s track record in running the iCloud service is not that great. Not in terms of security, to my knowledge there never was a leak, but in terms of reliability. In the beginning some people were even experiencing data-loss.

Take it from me as a paying customer:
    1Password‘s server is very stable (never had any issue on the EU-Version) and the syncing is lightning-fast on all platforms (biggest advantage of their sync service is you can use it on all platforms). From the security perspective, 1Password‘s service is more secure than iCloud since it completely relies on encryption, your iCloud Data for a big part can be accessed just by authentication and thus is theoretically readable by Apple employees (iCloud Drive for example). This is no issue that concerns 1Password since even if you use iCloud sync the data is stored on iCloud in encrypted form but should generally be considered in deeming something „safe“.
    I also have a lot of confidence in Apple‘s stance on privacy and iCloud is what I use for most of my personal data but to do a just risk assessment you need to know all the facts in my opinion :).

• medusamedusa Junior Member
    edited September 1

Ignore this... Seems the price has just changed on my app to $49.99

@ag_ana Has the offer price now ended? I am a long time 1Password user and am a little surprised that there is no upgrade pricing as standard built into the app. I am thinking that the individual license is my best way to go and just want to confirm that there is no additional cost for the iPhone version?

Thanks!

Keith

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I think the biggest differentiating factor that is worth considering when deciding between iCloud or 1Password.com to sync your 1Password data is that the former is a generic cloud storage solution, while the latter was built from the ground up to handle 1Password data. As such, with 1Password.com, we're able to offer a number of features that aren't possible/feasible with 3rd party generic solutions.

Ben

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@medusa

Has the offer price now ended?

As of writing... the sale is still on.

there is no additional cost for the iPhone version?

If you purchase a 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows license you'll be able to use 1Password for iOS as a companion app to that at no additional charge.

Ben

• medusamedusa Junior Member

Thanks @Ben

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• Do you need to buy one license of 1Password 7 (stand alone license that is) for every windows computer you'll be using it on?

• @fordthe No, you only need one license per platform and users. You can use it on as many pcs you own.

• Thanks a bunch peacekeeper, very helpful :)

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Indeed, a 1Password license allows you to use the version you purchased on as many compatible devices it will run on -- so, a 1Password 7 for Windows license will work for you on all your current PCs. Cheers! :)

• jimmywegjimmyweg
    edited September 15

If I may impose for a little more clarification. I plan to use 1P on a Windows pc, an iPad, and an Android phone. I already set up a 1P account, and I see how to by a single-user license for my Windows system. I installed 1P on my Android phone and will on my iPad. So, must I purchase a separate license for the phone and do I buy it through the app? I believe that I must buy a separat license for the iPad, and that's done through the iPad. Right?

One more question. I understand that the licensed editions allow email or some enhanced support options. If so, do these options allow users to send screenshots to tech support? Oftentimes, a screenshot really makes it easier for users to explain an issue. Thanks!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@jimmyweg:

There are no longer separate standalone licenses for our mobile apps, both Android and iOS. They are free to download and use as companion apps.

One more question. I understand that the licensed editions allow email or some enhanced support options.

We offer email support to everyone, including the possibility to share screenshots. Indeed, you can share screenshots in your replies here in the forum too :)

• Indeed, you can share screenshots in your replies here in the forum too

Ah, I can't believe I missed it! The licensing is a good deal...I'm planning a switch from Dashlane, and 1P seems more reliable thus far.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

You got it! :) :+1: We're here if you have any other questions. Thanks for trying 1Password!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file