Auto-fill 2FA code for TorGuard

The 2FA code on torguard.net is not auto-filled, if I do it manually it fills the email address instead.

Here's the site data: https://privatebin.net/?50453f665fc7d022#cD9xZADsneoUsLJd1oerTh3iEHAWgg2bFD3V4h2HTGX

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.6 (Chrome 75)
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Greetings @nyuszika7h,

Thank you for the page's details, it seems like the only way to reach the desired page requires creating an account and supplying payment details so your help is a great boon. It seems to be a really simple form and while the field could benefit from a more descriptive name and/or id attribute the maximum length of 6 is a strong indicator we're not dealing with a field for an email address.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will file an issue and hopefully we can improve the filling logic.

One question if that's okay, was the request for the 2FA code immediately after the form/page for your username and password or was this an independent request, maybe a reauthorisation after a timeout? It's just to ensure we better understand what happened leading up to the failed fill.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#652

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @nyuszika7h,

Just to let you know the filed issue has the details you provided so if you want to delete it feel free to do so.

• alexiaa
    alexiaa
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables Sorry I only saw this now, in case you still need this info it’s right after submitting the login form.

• Thanks for clarifying, @nyuszika7h! I've added this extra info to the issue littlebobbytables filed and informed the team that 1Password X still isn't auto populating the 2fa code on privatebin.net. I'm really sorry for the obstruction this must be to your workflow but assure you this is on our dev's radar. We're always working on providing the best and most secure filling experience possible. <3

• alexiaa
    alexiaa
    Community Member

You mean torguard.net, not privatebin.net, but thank you.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@nyuszika7h – Sorry about that! The issue is open for torguard.net. :)

This discussion has been closed.