Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stargenecygx1! Welcome to the forum!

In this case, you need to go through the website forgot password procedure, and when you get to the point where you can choose your new password, you can generate one with 1Password :)

• stargenecygx1
    stargenecygx1
    Community Member
    Options

To ag_ana: Thanks for your response. But my problem with the "forgot password procedure" is that some sites,
    like IMDB, don't give you that fallback. So then I'm stuck with trying to get a live person there to help me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stargenecygx1:

I see. In that case their support will definitely be the correct first step to gain access to your account. Once you have gained access again (either through the forgot password procedure, or through their customer support), you can then add that account to 1Password again and manage it from there moving forward :)

In the case of IMDB specifically, however, it looks like they do offer the possibility to reset your IMDB password:

If you were not prompted to choose a password or don't remember the password for your membership, you can get a new one by navigating to the Log in page. Select "Log In", select "Log in with IMDb" and then select "Forgot Your Password". You'll be sent a link to your registered email to reset your password.

This discussion has been closed.