OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Garybo!

Is this happening inside the 1Password app, or in the browser?

• Garybo
    Garybo
    Community Member
    Options

It is happening when I click on the 1password " key hole" circle. The screen comes up to type in the master password in order to get into my passwords etc. When this sign-on screen comes on and the keyboard pops up, the secret key pops up just above the key board, before I even enter the PW. I just tried again, and this time a KEY (symbol) and word Passwords appear at top center of keyboard. I touched the key symbol and a screen popped up titled "Choose a saved password to use" there are 4 choices under that pop-up. . First; is my Secret Key typed in followed by "for password,com. Second; is 1Password... Third; is iCloud Keychain... Fourth; Cancel. I chose second one and i got a new sign on screen and keyboard. Just above keyboard, centered is (order for 1password.com followed by 29 characters (plus dashes) of my secret Key followed by the Key Symbol. If i touch that field, all at once Secret Key goes away leaving only the Key Symbol showing but a pop-down comes up saying: Touch ID to use Password. I cancel that pop-down and it goes right back to showing the Secret Key and Key symbol above keyboard.

This is alarming to have my secret key to show before I even put in the master pw. This is happening on 10" iPad running latest software.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Garybo

It sounds like you may have somehow saved your Secret Key in iCloud Keychain. If you open the Settings app and navigate to Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords then uncheck iCloud Keychain under "allow filling from" do you still see this?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.