To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Password of 1password6 doesn't work with 1password7

Ananke
Ananke
Community Member

Hello . User since very long time of 1PASWORD6 I bought on the apple store a monthly subscription for 1Password7, but I do not manage to use it. I installed it but it does not recognize the password of 1Password 6 and did not import its data. Luckily 1 password 6 still works on my computer .. How to migrate to 1 password 7 without losing my data and passwords ..
Thank you

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ananke
    Ananke
    Community Member

Hello . User since very long time of 1PASWORD6 I bought on the apple store a monthly subscription for 1Password7, but I do not manage to use it. I installed it but it does not recognize the password of 1Password 6 and did not import its data. Luckily 1 password 6 still works on my computer .. How to migrate to 1 password 7 without losing my data and passwords ..
    Thank you

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Ananke,

If you managed to successfully create a subscription then I'm hoping during that process you created a 1Password account so that any Apple subscription has something to associate with. Do you remember anything that talked about a secret key and asking you to create a password? If you do can you try unlocking 1Password 7 with that password please. If you can unlock 1Password 7 then I believe all we have to do is help you migrate your data. If you're unable to unlock 1Password 7 though the issue becomes a little larger as if you're effectively locked out of the 1Password account we'll need to help you stop any existing Apple subscription, delete the now inaccessible account and then create a new one. As you can imagine I'm hoping we don't have to put you through all of that.

So let's start with whether you remember creating a new password as part of setting up 1Password 7 and if you can unlock it.

As you've already discovered your 1Password 6 data is still intact so you're thankfully not locked out of anything. The good news is migrating your data is not destructive so at no stage will your vault(s) be in any danger.

This discussion has been closed.