adding another computer to my network

lopezcalling
lopezcalling
Community Member

Got a new MBP I would like to add it to the network. Is this what I do? Using the new MBP, use Safari to go to the 1PW home and on RH side side of screen, hit the sign in button. The when that opens up use my !PW emergency kit data to sign in using my stored email, secret key and account password. Is that the correct way to do it or if not, what is the right way?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: don't kn ow
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:adding another computer to my network

Comments

• Hi @lopezcalling

We have a guide for adding 1Password to additional computers here:

Get the 1Password apps

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• lopezcalling
    lopezcalling
    Community Member

OK that scanning the QR codes sounds interesting but the articles I have looked at for scanning QR codes are for iOS not for a desktop mac. Is there another way to do it?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lopezcalling:

If you click on the link that Ben shared in his post, you will see the instructions on how to scan the QR code on a Mac (we also added a GIF of the process) ;)

If you don't like using the QR code, you can always enter your login details manually from your Emergency Kit.

• lopezcalling
    lopezcalling
    Community Member

Thank you, that worked great. I still don't get the scanning part though. The GIF you mentioned seems to be of a hand holding a phone. I don't see how scanning the QR with a phone gets the data onto the MBP. Of course, I don't understand a lot of stuff like this. Anyway, manual works fine. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

@lopezcalling: are you maybe opening that link on your iOS device? I wonder if the website is showing you the video of the platform you are using.

Here you can see the Mac version ;)

This discussion has been closed.