Put my 1Password7 vault on DROPBOX and sync my computer and phone to it!

Options
matt526
matt526
Community Member

I have been searching for over an hour for the answer to this question.... super frustrated because all I find is "sync to dropbox" which leads to this: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

Where is the actual file itself? I need to move the actual file to dropbox but it's nowhere to be found on my local drive. My "Primary" folder is local to my mac, but there is no clear path to where that is. I just want to move that folder to dropbox and sync it.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• matt526
    matt526
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind... finally figured it out... whew! I don't even remember what I did, but it's working. I believe I had to convert the old dropbox 1password.agilebits file to the new one. Bottom line is that it works and you can close.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @matt526

I'm sorry to hear you had so much trouble... Are you using a 1Password membership, or a standalone license? With a membership there shouldn't be a "Primary" vault anymore, nor any need to sync 1Password data using Dropbox. If you're using a standalone license it sounds like you may be all set. If you'd like to have us take a look at your setup to confirm everything is as it should be we'd be happy to do that. To initiate that process I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from both of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/106045/put-my-1password7-vault-on-dropbox-and-sync-my-computer-and-phone-to-it#latest
    • Your forum username: matt526

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.